Tuesday 14 February 2012

Bread

We get all bread on prescription and no matter what brand we've tried my son is not that keen on it fresh, he would eat it but not enthusiastically.
So...i always toast it for him using the toaster bags - even for school lunch.
Either individually, let them cool and then make up the sandwich, or i make up the sandwich and put the whole thing in the toaster to make a toastie.  He loves it and doesnt seem to crave fresh bread.

I have made my own bread of different sorts, with varying success, he likes it straight out the oven, but leave it a few hours and its got to be toasted again.

A big favourite, even with my non-coeliac daughter is the breadsticks (see recipes).  I make up a batch every couple of days, of different flavours and they are great for the after school munchies.


No comments:

Post a Comment